Who truly wants extremely watered down store bought almond milk when you can make your own nutrient dense version so easily from the comfort of your own kitchen? As daunting as the idea may sound, it really is simple to do and your body will thank you for it.
Here’s how to make your own delicious Almond Milk:
- First you need the best almonds.
The Terrasoul Unpasteurized RAW Almonds is what we prefer to use.
These almonds are USDA Certified Organic, fair trade, kosher, non-gmo, gluten free, vegan friendly, and truly unpasteurized and raw. By choosing the best, you’ll be making the healthiest, best tasting and nutrient dense almond milk possible.
- Add 1.5 cups of almonds to a large mason jar.
- Add filtered water to fill the jar.
We love our UltraStream water system (offered in our Shop) as it offers the best quality and healthiest water straight from your tap.
- Soak over night.
By soaking the almonds for 10-12 hours, you are enabling a process that removes the phytic acids (which are basically “anti-nutrients” that leech nutrients from the body), neutralize enzyme inhibitors, and increase the nutrition of the nut significantly.
- Rinse almonds with clean filtered water.
- Add to your blender.
We use the BlendTec, but honestly, any blender will do.
- Fill blender with clean filtered water.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of Pink Salt (The product we use will be available in our Shop soon!)
- Blend until it turns into a liquid.
- Prepare your nut milk bag over a large glass container of preference.
- Pour the almond liquid into the bag once it is full, or if you prefer to do it in smaller sections, that’s fine.
- Squeeze the pulp and remove all liquid into a glass dish. Dump the pulp or use it to make something else you have been thinking about.
- Once this step is complete, pour the milk into 4 large mason jars about 2.5 cups each and the rest add clean water.
- Don’t forget to add lots of love and good intention to your fresh batch of Almond Milk.
- Close. Shake. Store in fridge for later use. We get about a week out of ours unless we finish it faster! Soooo good!
1.5c of Raw Almonds
1/2tsp Pink Salt
Organic Maple Syrup (Optional)
Organic Vanilla Extract (Optional)
Disclosure: As always, we at Super Health Nation aim to offer you the best of the best in our Shop and fulfill your orders directly. Sometimes there are items that we recommend in our blog, but do not carry in stock, and so we link to a third party website such as Amazon. When we do this, we are using an affiliate link. When you click through the link and purchase something on that site, we receive a small commission. We never recommend any product that we don’t personally use, or have 100% faith in. We sincerely appreciate your continued support and look forward to helping many people “Create a Healthy Life”.